The Indigenous Health Interest Group (IHIG) are a group of researchers and students from the ANU College of Medicine, Biology & Environment who share an interest in Indigenous health research and/or teaching.
Established in June 2008, our aims are listed below.
- Improve Indigenous health research and teaching through sharing ideas and insights into Indigenous health research and teaching.
- Raise the profile of Indigenous health research and teaching at ANU.
- Gain an appreciation of different research approaches and methodologies used in Indigenous health research, including Indigenous and non-Indigenous perspectives and approaches.
- Utilise the Indigenous research knowledge in the group to develop high quality, policy relevant research.
- Increase the number of Indigenous researchers, teaching and support staff and students within the ANU College of Medicine, Biology & Environment.