Members of the Indigenous Health Interest Group (IHIG) are any interested staff and students of ANU and the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) engaged in Indigenous health research and/or teaching.
- Improve indigenous health research through the sharing of ideas and insights into Indigenous health research.
- Raise the profile of Indigenous health research at ANU.
- Gain an appreciation of different research approaches and methodologies used in Indigenous health research, including Indigenous and non-Indigenous perspectives and approaches to research.
- Build research capacity amongst indigenous researchers in the group through research partnerships.
- Utilise the Indigenous research knowledge in the group to develop high quality, policy relevant research proposals relating to Indigenous health from an Indigenous research perspective.
- View Aboriginal health as holistic. Holistic health incorporates the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the individual, family and community.
- Increase the number of Indigenous researchers within the ANU College of Medicine, Biology & Environment.